About AFR Education Fund
AFR Education Fund has been called “the leading voice for Wall Street accountability” in Washington. Help us continue and grow this important work.
AFREF played a leading role in winning passage of the Dodd Frank Financial Reform law and the creation of the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau; and we are driving the fight for broader transformations of the financial system to advance economic, racial, and social justice. AFREF’s staff develops plans and strategies in collaboration with a coalition of more than 200 consumer, civil rights, labor, community based, and other organizations, along with academics and policy experts.
The Digital Director will work with AFR Communications and Campaigns staff to engage and grow our base of individuals interested in securing a safer and fairer economy. The Digital Director will grow our digital lists, engage and educate our base about issues we are tracking, expand our presence across major social media platforms, create visually appealing content, coordinate with like-minded coalition members, influencing relevant policy and political stakeholders and utilize digital organizing and creative writing skills to tell our stories.
The focus of the Digital Director’s work will be to:
- Create the systems and processes needed to continue to build out the digital presence of a dynamic organization from the previous part-time digital management to a full-time professionalized program.
- Develop digital work from several different campaign strategies, consistent with AFR policy priorities, with an eye toward overall public discussion of economic justice issues.
- Collaborate with staff, partners and coalitions on digital communications and organizing efforts relevant to AFR's work (ex. developing digital campaign plans and social media toolkits; participating in partner org digital efforts, running digital days of action etc.).
- Develop visual and written content for distribution across multiple channels including social media posts, blogs, email campaigns and our websites.
- Mobilize AFR’s email list members to participate in online calls to action and to grow our digital fundraising.
- Develop AFR presence on social media, across campaigns, with an eye toward organizing influencers on Twitter; Build community on AFR social media channels through authentic audience engagement; work to increase AFR social media audiences.
- Manage vendor relations.
- Manage website content.
- Network with other digital communications professionals in the AFR coalition.
- Email advocacy software experience (i.e. Action Network, Every Action, Black Baud etc.)
- Program analytics. Advanced program stat collection and analysis for regular updates and recommendations for improving programs.
- Proficient in the Adobe Suite, including proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premier
- Graphic design skills.
- Excellent online writing skills providing content for programs; writing copy as needed for emails,
online ads, video scripts, and websites.
- Basic HTML and CSS experience.
- A deep commitment to economic and racial justice.
- Ability to relate to and work with diverse groups of people.
- Good advocacy writing skills, including at translating complicated policy issues into laypersons
- Knowledge of grassroots and grasstops campaign strategies and tactics and integration of digital
organizing into those campaigns.
- Strong strategy skills. Being able to understand Congress and the political landscape to best
inform the various campaigns about optimal online strategy.
- Be very well organized and comfortable working in a fast paced and diverse environment.
- Paid/Organic experience using Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and YouTube, to grow our audience
Strong research and communication skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with our various teams, balancing and soliciting input from multiple
internal and external stakeholders.
- Direct experience with CRMs, advocacy platforms and/or digital fundraising platforms (such as
Action Network and Act Blue).
Ideal candidates will have:
- Several years of experience running organic email campaigns, including organic email acquisition
- Experience creating new websites, and content strategy around them. Including the implementation of digital organizing tools.
- Experience using Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro.
- Deep and established coalition, online activist relationships and extensive knowledge of available
- Experience with screen capture software such as TechSmith’s Camtasia.
- Experience managing external contracts and vendors.
Salary and Benefits
Salary range $87,000 - $102,000. Generous benefits, including medical, dental, vision, 401K, paid holidays and sick leave, and mobile phone and transit allowance.
Covid Location Adjustment
Due to COVID-19, and as AFR Education Fund continues to take all precautionary measures to protect the health of its staff and the public, employees currently have the ability to work remotely.
We are committed to a workplace that reflects the diversity of America defined broadly and where the talent, skills and uniqueness of each staff member are respected. We are committed to a policy of equity for all employees and to equal opportunity for all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, family responsibilities, and disability.